February 6th, 2020
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students read a biography about Jacob Riis, a photographer that helped the poor.
Writing: Students worked on revising their literary essay today. A literary essay is due Tuesday, February 11. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should have their draft finished with five paragraphs and should be looking for ways to improve their writing at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: We talked more about how many animals communicate with sounds and how dolphins might be using sound to communicate with their calves at a distance.
Social Studies: We learned about how scarcity causes people to make choices about what and how things are produced, and who will buy the products. The answers help create an economic system, such as a free market economy or a government-controlled economy.
Character Strength: We are learning about forgiveness this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Friday, February 14 from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Here is our volunteer and guest list.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.