February 19th, 2020
Spelling: None today. We’ll be working on our leadership notebooks during spelling this week.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students read about Civil Rights heroes today.
A persuasive letter is due Sunday, March 1. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should have an idea to improve our school selected, and should be prewriting at this point.
Here are some resources to help with this project:
Science: We read about dolphin communication today and wrote an explanation about how a mother dolphin could communicate with her calf at a distance.
Social Studies: None today.
Character Strength: None this week.
- Our field trip to Whiting Auditorium is tomorrow! Students will be viewing a performance about Rosa Parks.
- Celebration of Learning is Wednesday, March 4 from 4:30-7:00 pm. Come see your student’s leadership notebook, writing portfolio, and tour the school!
- Spring conferences are March 3 and 5. Students with academic or behavior concerns may be asked to attend a conference. View, sign up or edit your conference time here.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time? Here’s a sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.