March 26th, 2020
Reading: Today’s assignment a Literature Circles reading day. Students were to read a book called, “Stargazing” and to write some notes to discuss tomorrow. Check the Online School Agenda for links. Reading is at 9:00 am daily.
Writing: We used a Zoom video chat to talk about our next writing project, the I-Search informational research project. Students will be researching a topic and sharing their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference at the end of April (if we are back to school!). Homework is for students to think of interesting information topics they would like to learn about. We work on writing at 1 pm daily.
Science: We looked at screencasts students posted of their model of a signature whistle, which was yesterday’s assignment. Some students made screencasts today. Then students commented in a Science Forum. Check the Online School Agenda for links and directions. Homework is to finish the screencast and Science Forum if not yet. We work on science at 10 am.
Social Studies: We started our next lesson about the global economy. Today students looked around their house for products that were imported to America and wrote notes about that. Check the Online School Agenda for specifics. Social studies is at 10:30 daily.
- Please take this 3-minute survey if you haven’t yet.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day. We work daily from 9 am to 2 pm.
- View grades in the Online Learning section at Jupiter Ed.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.