March 27th, 2020
See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. You and your students can easily get to the agenda from go.mrhowd.com/online. We work from 9 am to 2 pm daily, with an hour lunch break, although today was a “half day,” we finished at noon!
Reading: Today as a Literature Circles discussion day. Students discussed their notes from the “Stargazing” book they read yesterday. Check the Online School Agenda for links. Reading is at 9:00 am daily.
Writing: Students did more prewriting for their I-Search informational research project. Students made a list of possible ideas and started to narrow down the list or choose one topic to learn about. Homework is decide on an interesting information topic to learn about. We work on writing at 1 pm daily.
Science: We worked more on a science forum to discuss how a mother dolphin would send a sound to her calf far away, and how the calf could recognize its mother. Check the Online School Agenda for links and directions. Homework is to finish the Science Forum if not yet. We work on science at 10 am.
Social Studies: We learned about top Michigan and US imports and exports, and who are top trading partner are. Students completed a note page about what they learned. Check the Online School Agenda for specifics. Social studies is at 10:30 daily. Homework is to finish the Import and Export Chart if not finished yet.
- Check out our Room 130 Talent Show!
- Next week is Spring Break! There will be no new class activities. This would be a good time for your student to get some extra rest, have fun, and catch up on anything missed from the last two weeks.
- Please take this 3-minute survey if you haven’t yet.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day. We work daily from 9 am to 2 pm.
- View grades in the Online Learning section at Jupiter Ed.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.