April 6th, 2020
Writing: Students were tasked with collecting research for their I-Search informational research project today. This involved searching Google, Google Books or Epic for facts. Students could copy and paste facts and sources into their Google Doc and will use these facts later. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes daily during the week. We work on writing at 1 pm daily.
Math: We worked on drawing and estimating angles today. Check the Online School Agenda for links to the skills we worked on and a tutorial video. Some students are behind in the Measuring Angles topic and might need to spend some extra time catching up. Homework is to work on math for 15 minutes during the week. We work on math at 11 am.
Science: Students worked on writing a scientific explanation about how a dolphin calf could hear its mother very far away, and how it could tell that it was its mother talking. Check the Online School Agenda for links and directions. Homework is to finish the scientific explanation if not done this morning. We work on science at 10 am.
Social Studies: Students wrote a note page about the effects of a global economy on US jobs, product quality, and product prices. Check the Online School Agenda for specifics. Social studies is at 10:30 daily. Homework is to finish this note page if not done yet.
- Check out our Room 130 Talent Show!
- Please take this 3-minute survey if you haven’t yet.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day. We work daily from 9 am to 2 pm.
- View grades in the Online Learning section at Jupiter Ed.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.