April 7th, 2020
Writing: Today was another prewriting today to collect research for the I-Search informational research project. This involves searching Google, Google Books or Epic for facts. Students could copy and paste facts and sources into their Google Doc and will use these facts later. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes daily during the week. We work on writing at 1 pm daily.
Math: We worked on decomposing angles today. This is the last skill in this unit. Our class average is 56% due to some students having unfinished skills. Check the Online School Agenda for links to the skills we worked on and a tutorial video. Homework is to work on math for 15 minutes during the week. We work on math at 11 am.
Science: Students worked on improving their scientific explanation about how a dolphin calf could hear its mother very far away, and how it could tell that it was its mother talking. Check the Online School Agenda for links and directions. Homework is to finish making improvements to the scientific explanation if not done this morning. We work on science at 10 am.
- There is no school Friday for Good Friday. Also beginning this week, each Friday will be a day to catch up on any missed work or to work ahead on any topics.
- Please take this 3-minute survey if you haven’t yet.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day. We work daily from 9 am to 2 pm.
- View grades in the Online Learning section at Jupiter Ed.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.