April 8th, 2020
See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. You and your students can easily get to the agenda from go.mrhowd.com/online. We work from 9 am to 12:10 pm daily. Here is our new schedule:
Social Studies 10:15-10:40
Fridays: no new work; catch up day
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students read their Literature Circles book and wrote notes about their reading. Check the Online School Agenda for links. Reading is at 9:00 am daily.
Writing: Today was a third prewriting today to collect research for the I-Search informational research project. This involves searching Google, Google Books or Epic for facts. Students could copy and paste facts and sources into their Google Doc and will use these facts later. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes daily during the week. We work on writing now at 11:30 am daily.
Math: We worked on the unit test for the Measuring Angles topic today. This is the last skill in this unit. Our class average is up to 80% and could be higher if a few more students catch up on missing skills. Check the Online School Agenda for links to the skills we worked on and a tutorial video. Homework is to work on math for 15 minutes during the week. We work on math at 10:45 am.
- There is no school Friday for Good Friday. Also beginning this week, each Friday will be a day to catch up on any missed work or to work ahead on any topics.
- Please take this 3-minute survey if you haven’t yet.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day. We work daily from 9 am to 2 pm.
- View grades in the Online Learning section at Jupiter Ed.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.