April 16th, 2020
Writing: Today was the fifth and last I-Search drafting for students to create slides that contain facts and pictures. Your student should be finished with the draft of their presentation this weekend, including at least seven slides (one title slide, at least five information slides, at least one sources slide at the end). The I-Search presentation is due Wednesday, April 29. Here are more details about this project. Check the Online School Agenda for directions and links.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: Students started to learn what the United States is like by researching examples of physical characteristics found in the US (mountains, basins, valleys, rivers, plains). Homework is to finish the physical characteristics note page if not done this morning.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today and to find directions and links. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day.
- View grades at Jupiter Ed.
- If your student would like to make up or improve grades from Marking Period 3, please have them do that by April 17.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.