April 21st, 2020
Reading: Students practiced reading with Epic books and MobyMax TestPrep Reading Skills Informational today. Homework was to post a reading response at Jupiter. Check the Online School Agenda for details.
Writing: Today was another revising today for the I-Search project. Students could add facts to their slides, take out facts that don’t match, add more slides, add sources. Your student should be finished with their draft by now and revising at this point. The I-Search presentation is due Wednesday, April 29. Here are more details about this project. Check the Online School Agenda for directions and links.
Math: Today, we worked on multi-step word problems. Check the Online School Agenda for directions and links. We will be taking the division unit test this week. Ask your student how they are doing with completing their division skills.
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We learned about human characteristics of the United States, such as roads, cities, and bridges, and we learned about why more roads and cities are built in the eastern US. Homework is to finish the human characteristics note page if not done this morning.
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today and to find directions and links. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day.
- View grades at Jupiter Ed.
- If your student would like to make up or improve grades from Marking Period 3, please have them do that by April 17.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond. Ballots will be mailed soon.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.