May 4th, 2020
Reading: Students continued to learn about finding the theme of a story and practiced theme skills at MobyMax. Most students haven’t finished the theme topic at MobyMax Reading Skills Literature that we started last week. Check the Online School Agenda for details.
Writing: We started a new writing topic about poetry. Today, we started reading a book about poetry, called, Love that Dog, as we also talked about the three ingredients of poetry:
- Imagery: visual details or other senses
- Music: a sing-song quality using rhymes or beats
- Emotion: the poem conveys a feeling
Not all poems need to have all three ingredients, but poems have at least one.
Today, students watched a video read aloud of Love that Dog and then started working on prewriting for their poem collection. A collection of poems will be due Friday, May 15. Check the Online School Agenda for directions and links.
Science: Students used a tool to encode an image into binary code, posted the code for others, and then practiced decoding the codes that other students shared. Check the Online School Agenda for directions and links.
Social Studies: None today.
- Register for the free Love and Logic Parenting Online course!
- MP3 report cards are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Do you need any help with technology or a wifi hotspot to use at home? If so, feel free to contact me or call the Help Desk at 591-1697 and 591-1698.
- See our Online School Agenda to see what we worked on today and to find directions and links. Make sure your student completes the work they missed if they didn’t join us during the day.
- View grades at Jupiter Ed.
- Please see here if your student needs to turn in late or missing work.
- Learn more about the Zero Increase Bond.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.