October 17th, 2016
Spelling: We practiced adding the suffix –ment onto base words to change them from verbs to nouns.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Three student groups performed their plays, focusing on reading fluently with speed, tone, accuracy and volume.
Writing: We started watching a reading of a personal narrative to see how some writers have written personal narratives just like other famous stories.Students worked
Students also started prewriting for a final personal narrative. A third and final personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be prewriting and gathering ideas at this point.
Math: We practiced subtracting decimals today using Khan Academy. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy. Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should have worked on lately:
Science: We read about how scientists use animal testing and clinical trial to make sure medicines are safe and effective before public use. Volunteers in a clinical trial sign an informed consent form to give permission to be in the trial to to express understanding about possible side effects.
Social Studies: We learned that new technologies and ship designs helped explorers navigate and travel faster.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.