October 20th, 2016
Spelling: We practiced adding suffixes to make number words: tenth, hundredth, twentieth, thirtieth, etc.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students received new Literature Circles books today and we planned how many pages each group would read in a day.
Writing: We practiced breaking text into paragraphs today.
Students also started their to draft their personal narrative. Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be done prewriting at this point and drafting. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced multiplying multiples of ten today. Students practiced this or decimal skills using Khan Academy or MobyMax. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with this week:
Science: None today due to our reading skills practice time.
Social Studies: We practiced reading and writing timelines. Homework is to finish the timeline on p. 43.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.