November 1st, 2016
Spelling: We started practicing making contractions.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today.
Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be making changes by editing. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: Some students continued to practice double-digit multiplication today while others worked on finishing missing or new math skills at Khan Academy or MobyMax. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
- Multiplication Without Regrouping
- Multiplication With Regrouping
- Multiplying 2-Digit Numbers
- Multi-Digit Multiplication
Science: None today due to extra time with social studies.
Social Studies: We learned about how Martin Luther caused a division in the Roman church, called the Reformation. This split caused Spain and England to choose different branches of Christianity, which led to a war. England won the war, but realized that they should gain more wealth and power through exploring.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon. Here’s our volunteer and guest sign up list.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.