November 3rd, 2016
Spelling: We reviewed contractions and practiced usage for the homophones they’re, there, their.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on inferring or questioning as reading strategies.
Writing: We talked about editing for run-on sentences. Sentences should have one or two ideas, then start a new sentence.
Students also worked on editing conferences today with a partner and worked on editing their own writing.
Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be making changes by editing. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
- Multiplication Without Regrouping
- Multiplication With Regrouping
- Multiplying 2-Digit Numbers
- Multi-Digit Multiplication
Science: None today due to extra time with social studies.
Social Studies: We wrote notes in our social studies books about the Columbian Exchange. A test over Chapter two, Age of Exploration, will be tomorrow. A practice test can be found on pp. 59-60 in the social studies book.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is tomorrow, Friday, November 4 from 9-noon. Here’s our volunteer and guest sign up list.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.