December 5th, 2016
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to extra time with science and Eagle Talk.
Writing: Students worked on drafting today.
Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be drafting and nearing the end of their story at this point.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
- Multi-digit division
Science: We evaluated several clinical trials looking for evidence of well-designed experiments. Homework is to finish analysis questions 1-5 on p. 47. I collected students textbooks, but they can use their digital text.
Social Studies: Students finished digital assessments for Lesson 2: English Colonies. We also read about and completed notes about the Pilgrims.
- The Pizza Kit order pickup is December 8.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.