January 19th, 2017
Spelling: Students worked on making Words to Learn lists from words they missed on the last spelling test. This is your student’s spelling list to practice for the next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays. This week’s assignment is eight sentences.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Students worked on editing their adventure stories today. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be editing for capitals, spelling, run on sentences, paragraphs, and other conventions.
This project is due Tuesday, January 24. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
Find a complete list of resources here.
Math: We reviewed dividing decimals by 10s, 100s, and 1000s. The strategy is to move the decimal to the left, one place when dividing by 10, and three places when dividing by 1000. Students also worked on math skills using MobyMax Math today. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics to have complete by now:
Science: We read about the respiratory system and wrote notes in our science notebooks.
Social Studies: We finished learning about the Middle and Souther colonial regions. Students will complete digital assessments about these topics tomorrow.
- The second marking period ends tomorrow. Any missing paper assignments or corrections are due tomorrow. Digital assignments can be completed over the weekend.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.