February 1st, 2017
Spelling: None today due to the late start day.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Several students performed their monologue today, focusing on reading aloud with speed, tone, accuracy and volume.
Writing: Students worked on prewriting conferences today and prewriting for their own essay. As a class, we appear to be behind schedule with prewriting. Many students have not finished planning their essay. Hopefully students will finish prewriting tonight so they can start their draft tomorrow.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
Science: We practiced thinking about how body systems work together.
Social Studies: Today was a reading skills and AR practice day.
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.