February 2nd, 2017
Spelling: Students worked on MobyMax Vocabulary today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Several more students performed their monologue today, focusing on reading aloud with speed, tone, accuracy and volume.
Writing: Students worked on drafting their essay today using their prewriting as a guide. A literary essay (here’s our example essay) will be due Friday, February 10. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
Science: Students worked in groups to think about which body systems are in use during everyday activities, such as reading, eating, or playing basketball. Homework is to finish the Systems Working Together page started in class.
Social Studies: Today was Dia de la Candelaria, a fiesta day in Mexico that is the traditional end to the holiday season. Thanks to several students that planned games for us to play and provided a snack!
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.