February 6th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to having a class meeting about poor behavior choices by some students affecting our class.
Writing: Students worked on drafting their essay today; we looked at a student sample to get ideas. A literary essay (here’s our example essay) will be due Friday, February 10. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes at to finish the essay draft, having five paragraphs.
Math: We practiced decimal division problems by moving the decimal when needed to make the problems easier to work with. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
- Dividing Decimals 1
- Dividing Decimals 2
- Dividing Decimals 3
- Dividing Decimals 4
- Dividing Decimals 5
- Dividing Decimals 6
- Dividing Decimals 7
- Dividing Decimals 8
Science: We started working on an experiment to see how animals adapt to their environment and how traits are passed from one generation to another.
Social Studies: None today due to our class meeting. We made a new class agreement, agreeing to the following behaviors:
- Turn and look at the speaker.
- Use your time wisely.
- Joke at the right time.
- Talk when it’s time.
- Keep pace with others.
I also talked about the sequence of consequences:
- First behavior: warning
- Second behavior: time out away from team
- Third behavior: behavior letter home
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.