February 7th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed rules for adding suffixes onto words today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Students started reading informational magazines.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences for their essay today. A literary essay (here’s our example essay) will be due Friday, February 10. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: We continued to practice decimal division problems by moving the decimal when needed to make the problems easier to work with. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
- Dividing Decimals 1
- Dividing Decimals 2
- Dividing Decimals 3
- Dividing Decimals 4
- Dividing Decimals 5
- Dividing Decimals 6
- Dividing Decimals 7
- Dividing Decimals 8
Science: We worked on an experiment to model how animals use their traits to survive, and how the best-adapted animals survive to reproduce a new generation.
Social Studies: We read about how slaves were used slightly in the northern colonies and to a great extent in the southern colonies.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 16. Here’s our volunteer and guest list.
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.