February 9th, 2017
Spelling: None today due to extra work on writing.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students worked on literature reading skills today using MobyMax.
Writing: We talked about making a strong essay by having every part of the essay focus on just one main idea, which each person’s opinion of what the book is teaching. We also worked on editing for capitals, end marks, and run on sentences. A literary essay (here’s our example essay) will be due Friday, February 10. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
- Dividing Decimals 1
- Dividing Decimals 2
- Dividing Decimals 3
- Dividing Decimals 4
- Dividing Decimals 5
- Dividing Decimals 6
- Dividing Decimals 7
- Dividing Decimals 8
Science: We worked on making a line graph of class data for our recent experiment modeling how animals use their traits to survive. We also started talking about what the data means.
Social Studies: None today due to art and extra math time.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 16. Here’s our volunteer and guest list.
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.