February 10th, 2017
Spelling: Students used letter cards to form words with soft-syllable endings.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about writing more sentences in the middle paragraphs so that it’s clear to the reader what is happening in that example from the book. We also worked on editing today. A literary essay (here’s our example essay) will be due Friday, February 10, but students can finish over the weekend. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Here are some skills that should be leveled up at this point:
- Dividing Decimals 1
- Dividing Decimals 2
- Dividing Decimals 3
- Dividing Decimals 4
- Dividing Decimals 5
- Dividing Decimals 6
- Dividing Decimals 7
- Dividing Decimals 8
Science: We finished working on our class experiment about using traits to survive and how traits are passed on to other generations.
Social Studies: We learned about how people fought back against slavery and students completed the digital Key Ideas, Got It, and Quiz. We also started watching a Dear America episode about slavery.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 16. Here’s our volunteer and guest list.
- Our class will be performing a class play in March. Here are the after school class practice and performance times. Hopefully getting the schedule early will allow everyone to work out scheduling conflicts.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.