April 26th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that some words have silent letters today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on determining importance as a reading strategy.
Writing: We talked about using interesting, authentic details in writing, rather than plan or boring facts or numbers. Students also learned how to add videos to their presentation.
Students continued to work on revising or editing today. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 2. Homework is to continue revising slides for their presentation.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
Science: We started to read about the cause of seasons and how the sun’s rays affect seasons. Many poor behavior choices by a few disruptive students wasted a lot of our learning time, making the class have to finish for homework rather than working during class time. Homework is to finish reading pages 38-39 and to finish analysis questions 1-2 on p. 40.
Social Studies: We worked on a district social studies test about settlement again today.
- A Parent Math Lab class is scheduled for Thursday, April 27 from 6-7 pm. It’s free and will help provide tips for working with your student on math.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.