April 27th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed silent letters again today and also reviewed how to form plurals from words ending in -f or -fe.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day due to Art.
Writing: We talked about using commas in a list or series.
Students also worked on editing today. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 9 (new date). Homework is to continue revising slides for their presentation.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
Science: We finished learning about the cause of seasons, days, and years.
Social Studies: We learned about the roles of women and American Indians during the Revolutionary War, and we started working on a digital assessment.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.