April 28th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed homophones today and finding homophones in several proverbs.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day.
Writing: We learned about animating bulleted lists on a slide so that the audience doesn’t read ahead.
Students also worked on editing and publishing today. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 9 (new date). Homework is to finish slides for their presentation. Students were asked to include at least 7 slides in their presentation.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
Science: Today was the second session of the Jet Toy Challenge. Last week, students built a chassis. Today, they used tubes and balloons to create a “jet” engine. Students tested different diameters of tubes and different weights of cars to see which combination made their car travel the farthest.
Social Studies: None today.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.