May 1st, 2017
Spelling: We continued to review homophones and proverbs today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day due to Art.
Writing: We started our next writing topic, poetry. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
To finish our information project, our I-Search Conference will on May 9.
Homework is to think of poetry topics to writing about.
Math: We worked on fraction addition for a final day today; about 10 people in our class were taking a very long time to finish working on this skill. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
Science: We reviewed our previous three science experiments about the cause of changing amounts of daylight in seasons, what causes days and years, and what causes seasons.
Social Studies: Students finished working on a digital assessment about Revolutionary War battles. We also started reading about some of the factors that led to an American victory.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.