May 2nd, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed common spelling patterns for the /k/ sound: ck, k, ke.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We continued to work on poetry today. We learned that one ingredient of a poem is imagery and visual details. We also talked about using line breaks so that just one idea is on a line, rather than other forms of writing the write from edge to edge. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
To finish our information project, our I-Search Conference will on May 9.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
Science: We reviewed moon phases and started to learn what causes them (the revolution of the moon around the earth.
Social Studies: We read about how the Patriots used sneak attacks to win battles during the war.
- Tomorrow is a late start day. School starts at 11 am.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.