May 3rd, 2017
Spelling: None today due to the late start.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to the late start.
Writing: We continued to work on poetry today. We learned that another ingredient of a poem is music. A musical poem is one that has a beat, a rhythm, a rhyme, or some repeating words. Some musical poems have the same number of syllables for each line. and visual details. We also talked about using line breaks so that just one idea is on a line, rather than other forms of writing the write from edge to edge. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
To finish our information project, our I-Search Conference will on May 9.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 1
Science: We drew moon phase diagrams and used a simulation to see that moon phases are caused by the revolution of the moon around the earth. Here is the simulation we used. Homework is to finish analysis questions 1-5 on p. 47 if not finished in class.
Social Studies: We read about how the Revolutionary War ended with the Brittish army surrendering after being trapped by the American army and French warships.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.