May 4th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed common spelling patterns for the /j/ sound: ge and dge.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked today about a third ingredient of a poem: emotion. We also talked about using line breaks in poems so that each line has a full idea. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
To finish our information project, our I-Search Conference will on May 9.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 1
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 2
Science: We used a calendar to learn that extreme tides happen during full and new moons. Homework is to finish analysis questions 2-3 on p. 54 if not finished in class.
Social Studies: Students worked on digital assessments about winning independence today. We’ll have a test about the Revolutionary War soon.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.