December 8th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 36-38 are available and were due today.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles. We also read some animal poetry today.
Writing: We talked more about writing complete scenes by mixing in talking, action, and visual details. We also talked about changing the beginning of sentences so they don’t all sound the same. Students continued working on revising today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be revising at this point by changing words or ideas. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes and to finish drafting if needed.
Science: We reviewed our recent district science test about space.
Social Studies: We completed a MiniQuiz today about the three branches of government.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is Wednesday, December 20 from 9 am to noon. Here is our volunteer list if you can help out with a donation or helping at the party.
- Please visit the new Internet Safety page for parents.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.