December 11th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 39-41 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Students practiced reading a reader’s theatre script today to practice oral reading fluency.
Writing: We talked more about changing the beginning of sentences so they don’t all sound the same. One trick to do this is to rearrange the words of the sentence. Students also worked on revising conferences today by writing comments to a partner. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be almost done revising at this point by changing words or ideas. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We started our next topic about multiplication. We also started practicing multiplication facts today for students that haven’t started yet. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We made predictions and thought of questions about our next topic: matter and energy.
Social Studies: We started to learn about how each branch can limit the power of the other branches. This is called checks and balances.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is Wednesday, December 20 from 9 am to noon. Here is our volunteer list to see what your student volunteer for or if you would like to be added to the guest list to help at the party.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.