December 12th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 39-41 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Foundational Reading.
Writing: We talked making the beginning of a story match the main problem of the story. This is called a “waterfall lead.” If the waterfall is the problem, then a writer should start a little “upstream” of the problem, but not too far upstream so that it takes too long to reach the problem of the story.
Students also worked on editing today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be editing for spelling, capitals, periods, paragraphs and other conventions by now. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We practiced using thermometers to measure temperature.
Social Studies: We learned about how a President can veto a bill, and Congress can override a veto. This is part of checks and balances.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is Wednesday, December 20 from 9 am to noon. Here is our volunteer list to see what your student volunteer for or if you would like to be added to the guest list to help at the party. Will still need three people that can bring shredded chicken for our meal. Can you help?
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.