December 13th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 39-41 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We used this time to practice for our sing along on Friday.
Writing: We used a software tool called GradeProof to edit our writing. We also had editing conferences and worked on editing today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be editing for spelling, capitals, periods, paragraphs and other conventions by now. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We learned about common temperature benchmarks: water freezing, room temperature, body temperature, and water boiling. Homework is to finish the temperature benchmarks note page started in class.
Social Studies: We talked about checks and balances and how each branch could check the others to limit power. Homework is to finish the Power Problems and Checks and Balances note page started in class.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is Wednesday, December 20 from 9 am to noon. Here is our volunteer list to see what your student volunteer for or if you would like to be added to the guest list to help at the party. Will still need three people that can bring shredded chicken for our meal. Can you help?
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.