February 20th, 2018
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today we started a new topic about writing from different points of view. We also read a narrative nonfiction story about what our country would be like without a government.
Writing: We started prewriting our persuasive opinion writing project today by thinking about topics that students could write about. Homework is to prewrite ideas about improving our school or town, and then selecting the best idea.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
Science: We reviewed the water cycle today and wrote notes in our minibooks.
Social Studies: We started to learn that our economy is called a market economy. We’ll learn more about what a market economy is next time.
- Grand Blanc is hosting a “Birds-n-Bees” parent information night about the human growth and development curriculum for 4th and 5th grade students. The meeting is February 27 at 6 pm at Mason Elementary. Here is more information.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.