February 21st, 2018
Spelling: We learned about common spelling patterns for the /s/ sound: s, sc, ss, ce, ci, cy.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today.
Here are the parts that students should be prewriting:
- What is your idea?
- What are reasons why your idea is a good idea?
- What are some core democratic values that match your idea?
Homework is to finish prewriting the ideas above about improving our school or town.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
Science: We finished writing matter and energy notes in our minibooks. We’ll have a test about matter and energy later this week. We also made a bar graph of an experiment we did in class that tested how water evaporated from containers over time.
Social Studies: None today.
- Our fourth grade musical, “A Night of Music and Fun,” is Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm in the small gym. Students should wear something nice and meet at 6:15 in the music room.
- Grand Blanc is hosting a “Birds-n-Bees” parent information night about the human growth and development curriculum for 4th and 5th grade students. The meeting is February 27 at 6 pm at Mason Elementary. Here is more information.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.