February 22nd, 2018
Spelling: We learned about soft syllable endings in the words fountain, mountain, captain, certain. They sound different than their spellings.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Students worked on MobyMax Foundational Reading today.
Writing: Students completed prewriting conferences today and they started working on their letter draft.
Here are the parts that students should have prewritten and started drafting:
- What is your idea?
- What are reasons why your idea is a good idea?
- What are some core democratic values that match your idea?
Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
Science: None today. We will have a test about matter and energy tomorrow.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about planning ahead. We also started to learn about the features of a market economy.
Character Strength: We looked for favorite quotes about character strengths we’ve learned about this year.
- Our fourth grade musical, “A Night of Music and Fun,” is Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm in the small gym. Students should wear something nice and meet at 6:15 in the music room.
- Grand Blanc is hosting a “Birds-n-Bees” parent information night about the human growth and development curriculum for 4th and 5th grade students. The meeting is February 27 at 6 pm at Mason Elementary. Here is more information.
- Spring conferences are March 6-8. View, edit, or sign up for a conference here.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.