February 23rd, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Students worked on MobyMax Reading Stories today.
Writing: Students surveyed the class to collect data. They also worked on drafting the introduction and evidence of their letter. That includes:
- The idea
- Many reasons for why the idea is a good one
- One or two core democratic values that match the idea
- A paragraph proving if other people agree with the idea
Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes if needed.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
Science: Students worked on making a graph as part of our matter test today. We will continue our test about matter and energy next week. We also started our electricity topic with an experiment about lighting a light bulb.
Social Studies: Today we continued to learn about the features of a market economy. We learned that buyers and sellers decide to buy or sell. People and businesses own most of the land, building, and resources in America, not the government. Businesses make what consumers demand.
Character Strength: We made cards to send to students involved in the Florida shooting today.
- Our fourth grade musical, “A Night of Music and Fun,” is Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm in the small gym. Students should wear something nice and meet at 6:15 in the music room.
- Grand Blanc is hosting a “Birds-n-Bees” parent information night about the human growth and development curriculum for 4th and 5th grade students. The meeting is February 27 at 6 pm at Mason Elementary. Here is more information.
- Spring conferences are March 6-8. View, edit, or sign up for a conference here.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.