February 26th, 2018
Spelling: We practiced common spelling patterns for the /ks/ sound.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We read a fantasy story about a student that wanted to run for class president.
Writing: Students worked on drafting the end of their persuasive letter today. Now each student should be finished with these parts:
- The idea and many reasons for why the idea is a good one
- One or two core democratic values that match the idea
- A paragraph proving if other people agree with the idea
- A conclusion that restates the ideas again.
Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes to finish drafting.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
We also started prewriting for our final fiction project of the year that we will start next week.
Science: Students completed a matter district test today.
Social Studies: Today we continued to learn about the features of a market economy.
Character Strength: We are going to learn about social intelligence this week.
- Our fourth grade musical, “A Night of Music and Fun,” is Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm in the small gym. Students should wear something nice and meet at 6:15 in the music room.
- Grand Blanc is hosting a “Birds-n-Bees” parent information night about the human growth and development curriculum for 4th and 5th grade students. The meeting is February 27 at 6 pm at Mason Elementary. Here is more information.
- Spring conferences are March 6-8. View, edit, or sign up for a conference here.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.