February 27th, 2018
Spelling: We learned that the letter r following a vowel makes a new sound.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We learned that transition words, such as first, next, last, second, finally, help organize a list or paragraphs. Students also worked on revising their letter.
Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with a draft letter and revising by now.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
Math: Students worked on MobyMax Math or Khan Academy today; a final few students were trying to finish 2-digit multiplication. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: Students worked on an experiment about making an electric circuit with a bulb, wire, and battery. Homework is to finish Sparky’s Light Kit if not finished in class.
Social Studies: Today we finished learning about the features of a market economy. We learned that incentives make buyers do something, and specialization is when people become experts at a job and trade for other things they need.
- Our fourth grade musical, “A Night of Music and Fun,” is Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm in the small gym. Students should wear something nice and meet at 6:15 in the music room.
- Grand Blanc is hosting a “Birds-n-Bees” parent information night about the human growth and development curriculum for 4th and 5th grade students. The meeting is February 27 at 6 pm at Mason Elementary. Here is more information.
- Spring conferences are March 6-8. View, edit, or sign up for a conference here.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.