February 28th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We finished reading an informational book about a day in the Senate.
Writing: We talked about choosing the best evidence in an essay. For our letter, choosing the best core democratic value is important. The pursuit of happiness is not always the best argument because it can sound selfish if it’s not explained enough. Students also worked on revising their letter.
Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be revising by now.
This persuasive letter project will be due Monday, March 5.
Here are some helpful resources:
Science: We had a health lesson today about advertising food products.
Social Studies: None today due to practicing for the fourth grade musical.
- Our fourth grade musical, “A Night of Music and Fun,” is Thursday, March 1 at 6:30 pm in the small gym. Students should wear something nice and meet at 6:15 in the music room.
- Spring conferences are March 6-8. View, edit, or sign up for a conference here.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.