April 19th, 2018
Spelling: We learned again that some sounds are spelled in more than one way.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: None due to a glitch in our internet today.
Writing: We talked about writing facts using our own words, and to have enough information on each slide. Students continued work on making slides for their I-Search presentation. Students will be sharing their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on April 27. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes; the goal is to make at least one slide each day.
Places students can find information:
Math: We learned about prime and composite numbers today and practiced this skill at Khan Academy. Ways to make this easier:
- Numbers ending in 0, 5, or even numbers are never prime
- Numbers made of repeating digits are never prime (e.g., 22, 33, 44, 55)
- Numbers that are answers to multiplication facts are never prime
Science: We tested how the force of a magnet changes as distance grows. Homework is to finish the Breaking the Force experiment started in class.
Social Studies: We learned about how America is a part of the global economy. We trade for good from other countries, but sometimes other countries compete with our businesses causing a loss of jobs.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.