October 8th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read a biography of Arthur C. Clarke and how some of his science fiction ideas ended up becoming reality!
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences today by commenting on a partner’s writing. Students also looked at my comments and the grade from their first piece of writing. Hopefully students got some ideas on what they could work on this week to get even better results on their second piece of writing. Parents, you can see my writing comments at JupiterGrades. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We wrote some notes about how matter moves in an ecosystem. We also used what we learned to predict what sloths and jaguars would need in a rainforest to grow and be healthy.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with science.
Character Strength: We are learning about looking for the good in others this week.
- Our October book order is due Friday, October 12. You can order online.
- The Walk-a-Thon is Thursday, October 11. Please attend and look for ways to help contribute to our school!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- Sign up for a fall conference here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.