January 18th, 2019
Spelling: None today due to Eagle Time.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Reading Stories.
Writing: Students continued to draft their adventure story, with the goal being to write at least a new scene each day.
This Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook project is due Wednesday, January 23. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be nearing at least 10 pages on their website and should be done with their draft this weekend.
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- Play Zork, or Oregon Trail.
- Find a complete list of resources here.
Math: Students completed a STAR Math test today.
Science: We reviewed what we learned in chapter 1 of our topic and looked ahead to our next experiment.
Social Studies: We started to work on a leader lesson about being proactive and being in charge of our own actions, attitudes and moods.
Character Strength: We are learning about optimism this week.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
Here’sa sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends on January 25.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.