February 4th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read some articles about how people have used artifacts to learn about the past.
Writing: Due to the snow week, we are moving ahead with a new piece of writing, a literary essay. Today, we reviewed the elements of an essay. A literary essay is due Friday, February 22.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We did an experiment to test if water drops on the outside of a cold cup
Social Studies: None today due to a presentation about the Perry Innovation Center.
Character Strength: We are learning about social intelligence this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 14 from 9-noon. See our volunteer and guest list here.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Perry Innovation Center is an elementary and middle school in Grand Blanc. Your student has the option of applying to attend there instead of West Middle School.
Here’smore details about Perry Innovation Center.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
a sample schedule and more ideas to get started. Here’s
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.