February 5th, 2019
Spelling: We practicing adding prefixes onto base words that mean “not:”
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read an article about how scientists tried to understand the Inca people from one of the artifacts discovered in some of their cities.
Writing: We continued to review the elements of an essay. We also read a short story that we will use for writing an example essay. A literary essay is due Friday, February 22.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: None today due to extra time with social studies.
Social Studies: Students completed a test about European settlements in the New World.
Character Strength: We are learning about social intelligence this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 14 from 9-noon. See our volunteer and guest list here.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Perry Innovation Center is an elementary and middle school in Grand Blanc. Your student has the option of applying to attend there instead of West Middle School.
Here’smore details about Perry Innovation Center.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
a sample schedule and more ideas to get started. Here’s
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.