February 8th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays. This week’s assignment will be due on Monday.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Reading.
Writing: We reviewed the elements of an essay and began writing a practice essay together. A literary essay is due Friday, February 22.
Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We talked about our last experiment that showed that water from the air forms drops on a cold surface.
Social Studies: None today due to an assembly.
Character Strength: We are learning about social intelligence this week.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Thursday, February 14 from 9-noon. See our volunteer and guest list here.
- Middle school course request sheets are due February 14.
- Our class is practicing and performing a play in March, called The Legend of Lightning Larry. Here is our practice schedule.
- Perry Innovation Center is an elementary and middle school in Grand Blanc. Your student has the option of applying to attend there instead of West Middle School.
Here’smore details about PerryInnovation Center.
- Is your student doing a Daily Homework Time?
Here’sa sample schedule and more ideas to get started.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- The second marking period ends today.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.