April 15th, 2019
Spelling: We talked about how r following a vowel stands for a new sound, such as in horse, more, world, word.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: We read about the French and Indian War today.
Writing: We talked about using a 2-3-1 order when ordering facts on a slide. That means to save the best fact for last, but to lead with the second best fact to interest the reader.
Students continued to work on adding facts and images to another
Science: None today.
Social Studies: We watched a movie about a slave helping others escape on the underground railroad. We also learned about the French and Indian War.
Character Strength: We are learning about fairness this week.
- MSTEP testing picks back up for the rest of the week. Please make sure your student charges their
chromebook, eats a good breakfast, gets 9-10 hours of sleep, and arrives at school on time for our morning testing.
- One way to get your student reading for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.