April 16th, 2019
Spelling: We learned common spelling patterns for the /oi/ sound: oi and oy.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was the Language Arts MSTEP test.
Writing: We talked about giving examples to make facts more personal. This could be done by talking about a specific player, a specific animal, or imagining a person on the Titanic.
Students continued to work on adding facts and images to another
Science: We started our next topic about food science and chemistry.
Social Studies: We started our next topic about the Revolutionary War.
Character Strength: We are learning about fairness this week.
- MSTEP testing will be the rest of the week. Please make sure your student charges their
chromebook, eats a good breakfast, gets 9-10 hours of sleep, and arrives at school on time for our morning testing.
- One way to get your student reading for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.