April 17th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: Today was the second part of the Language Arts MSTEP test.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences today and then worked on revising their slides.
The I-Search informational research project is due Friday, April 26. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be done drafting by now, with at least seven slides.
Science: We investigated three food mixtures to look at their different properties: color, smell, texture, thickness. We noticed that different food mixtures have different properties.
Social Studies: We read about how new taxes angered the colonists after the French and Indian War.
Character Strength: We are learning about fairness this week.
- MSTEP testing will be the rest of the week. Please make sure your student charges their
chromebook, eats a good breakfast, gets 9-10 hours of sleep, and arrives at school on time for our morning testing.
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.