April 18th, 2019
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Fridays.
Reading: None today due to the social studies MSTEP test.
Writing: Students worked on revising their slides again.
The I-Search informational research project is due Friday, April 26. Homework on weekdays is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Students should be done drafting by now, with at least seven slides.
Science: We read about how everything is made of matter. We also read about how atoms can combine to make different arrangments of molecules. Different molecules have different shapes, sizes, arrangements, and can have different colors, smells, textures, and other properties.
Social Studies: Today was the social studies MSTEP and we finishing reading about how new taxes angered the colonists after the French and Indian War.
Character Strength: We are learning about fairness this week.
- MSTEP testing is finished!
- One way to get your student ready for middle school is to have them do a Daily Homework Time of 15 minutes of math and writing every day.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
- 5th Grade Camp is May 23-24. Find more information here.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.